YoungBuzz Counselor - Dear Tarandeep Singh,
Dec 19, 2012
• The students are selected after an all India entrance test. We received close to 6000 applications for this course for the current passing batch. Only 240 students were selected from these 6000 aspirants. The intake was the top 4% of the aspirants and therefore a very bright lot.
• Management education has been the forte of Symbiosis. We have drawn from the experiences of our sister institutions and therefore our course did not suffer too much from the process of evolution.
• As you would see from the pedagogy, our course is very intensive in its academic and co-curricular inputs.
• We have tried to ensure that the essence of the curriculum has reached the students through adoption of a multi-pronged methodology of teaching.
• We have ensured reasonable industry exposure through process-mapping exercises and internships.
Lastly, but most importantly the best 'take-away' of being a Symbiosis product comes out of the long-standing commitment to diversity. We firmly believe that we can learn some very important lessons of life from each other. The more varied the perspectives represented, the richer the learning.
• The difference in opinions, convictions, economic background, gender, nationality brings to life to our campus community and fosters tolerance. The environment causes intellectual churning and therefore brings out the best in our students.
Duration: Three years (Full-time)
International students: 60
Indian students: 240
The BBA programme is also being currently offered in Noida. Click on the following link to visit our Noida Campus website http://www.scmsugnoida.ac.in
Eligibility for Admission (Indian Students)
1) XII pass from any branch with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% for students of SC and ST category.
2) Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) and Group Discussion & Personal interview of our centre.
Indian students will be admitted on the basis of our center’s merit list drawn out of the results of the selection process mentioned as above.
Indian Students : - Reservation of seats for Special Categories
The following are the reservation rules that shall be followed while admitting Indian students:
1) Scheduled Caste: 15% (of 240)
2) Scheduled Tribe: 7.5% (of 240)
3) Differently abled students: 3% (of 240)
4) Armed Forces Dependants: 5% (of 240)
5) Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats over and above the sanctioned intake.
Who is a dependant of Armed Forces Personnel?
The student should be son/daughter of a serving Defense Personnel or Ex- Servicemen. The term defence Personnel from Army, Navy, and Air Force who fall in the category of Ex-Servicemen are laid down in the letter of ministry of Defence letter No. 36034/5/85 Estt (SCT) dated April 14,1987. A copy of the same may be obtained from the office of the institute on request.
Policy of admission against vacant seats under reserved category :
In case some seats remain vacant due to the non-availability of suitable candidates in the category of reservations then information about the number of vacant seats in each category will be reported to the Symbiosis International University and with the permission of the Vice-chancellor, the seats will be reverted to the general category and short listed students will be offered these seats.
For other related information click here : http://www.scmsug.ac.in/index.html