Answer: Academically you need to have completed your 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or BSc with Physics, Maths and Chemistry.
You need to be:
* A very intelligent person with excellent analytical and reasoning abilities
* Excellent scientific reasoning and comfortable with scientific facts and figures
* Alert in every situation
* Able to maintain your cool in times of crisis and even otherwise
* Quick at taking decisions
* Excellent leadership qualities
* Physically fit
Pilot Training expenses range between Rs 12 Lakhs to Rs 14 Lakhs.
You can look forward to joining
* Government carriers like Indian Airlines; Air India or their subsidiaries
like Alliance Air.
* Domestic private airlines like Sahara India, Jet Airways, etc.
* Foreign Airlines like British Airways, Delta Airlines, Singapore Airlines, United Air, Lufthansa, etc.
* Corporate companies that own private jets like TISCO, Kirloskar, Reliance, Tata, Mahindra & Mahindra, etc.
* Cargo companies that own fleets like DHL, UPS, etc.
* You could also acquire a CPL and apply to the Air Force as a pilot on Short Service Commission for a period of five years