dineshFeb 13, 2012
what is the procedure for admission in USA .to MS course.........
YoungBuzz Studyabroad Counselor - Dear Dinesh,
If you have completed or are in the final year of a bachelor's degree, you can apply for a masters program at a US university. The university you apply to will assess the degree you have and the scores you received on these exams.

U.S. graduate schools are all independent, and each sets its own requirements for admission. Within each school individual programs may often have different requirements. It is advisable to start this process approximately one to one-and-a-half years before you hope to begin studies in the U.S. The American academic year begins in August or September, and students should generally request admission for the "fall"or "autumn" term.

Most schools require qualifications comparable to a U.S. Bachelor’s (Honours) degree (Four Year Degree Program). That means a minimum of 16 years of formal education. In the Indian context, it implies qualifying in a professional four-year degree like engineering or other such courses.

For Doctorate programs, most universities require a Master’s degree in that subject. In a few exceptional cases like a good undergraduate engineering degree, they may offer a direct admission to a Doctorate course.

If you have completed a three-year degree program in India, the advisable plan of action to maximize eligibility for U.S. graduate schools is to apply for a Post Graduate degree here in India. A one-year university affiliated program will make up for the fourth year of a U.S. Undergraduate degree.

Request your official academic records from your schools in both your native language and in English translation. Official documents must bear the seal of the school and authorized signature. Photocopies are not usually acceptable unless they are officially attested as exact copies of the original. Records should be submitted for all post-secondary schools attended and should provide a list of courses taken, yearly examination results, and conferral of degrees. If your native language is not English, register as early as possible for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and request that Educational Testing Service forward your scores to the institutions to which you are applying.

Register for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or other tests if required by the program/institution to which you are applying. Request letters of recommendation written by professors with whom you have studied as required by the program/institution.

For further assistance for your universities shortlisting, application procedures , visa procedures contact YoungBuzz Studyabroad Counselor .
Feb 14, 2012

LogIn to post comment

Click here to view more questions on Study Abroad Wall