aysha aliJan 29, 2012
what r the expenses for studing in abroad,which exams do we hav to give for admissions in colleges n...
See more
YoungBuzz Studyabroad Counselor - Dear Aysha,

Can you please tell us which course you are keen to pursue whether an MS/MBA and in which field?so that we can assist you,to consider for an scholarship in german universities.

Most governmental universities charge around 500EUR per semester, 250 comes as mandatory extra for student's parliament, canteen, public transport etc. You need another 50 to 60 for health insurance, hostel is around 180 to 300 (subject to availability).

The DAAD scholarship database for foreign students, graduate students and scientists contains extensive information and a variety of possibilities for those who are seeking financial support for their studies, research work or teaching assignments in Germany. The database not only lists all the scholarships offered by the DAAD, but also diverse programmes offered by a wide variety of institutions.
Types of support
There are two forms of scholarships – financial and non-monetary scholarships – both of which are often coupled together:

In the case of financial scholarships, the recipient is awarded a fixed amount, paid out on a monthly basis over a defined funding period. These types of scholarships are often full scholarships, i.e., they generally cover the applicant’s entire living expenses. Recipients of partial scholarships, however, are required to secure additional financial support to cover their living expenses. When awarded a full scholarship, recipients are generally not permitted to receive funding from other scholarships simultaneously.

In addition to financial support, many institutions also offer non-monetary scholarships. Recipients are invited to workshops, lectures and scientific conferences where they also have the opportunity to network with other scholarship holders. In most cases, these non-monetary scholarship programmes aim to create a long-standing relationship between the scholarship holder and the institution well beyond the scholarship period.
Jan 29, 2012

LogIn to post comment

Click here to view more questions on Study Abroad Wall