YoungBuzz Counselor - Dear Ojas Gujar,
Dec 26, 2012
There are a lot of specializations in different streams of medicine are available in a number of disciplines but which is the most demanding is very perception based and this also depends on your liking and knowledge inclination . We are discussing in general a few of them here:
- Medicine: An M.B.B.S. doctor who specializes in medicine and acquires an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) degree becomes physician. A physician job is to understand patient’s problems, study the results of clinical tests, diagnosing the illness and then prescribing the course of treatment.
- Pediatrics: A medical doctor who specializes in Pediatrics is called Pediatrician. A pediatrician deals with the children’s health from newborn to adolescents. A pediatrician diagnoses and conducts treatment of the disease peculiar to children.
- Cardiology: Cardiology deals with disorders of the heart. A Cardiologist performs specialized work like angiography, angioplasty etc.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Obstetricians and Gynecologists diagnose and treat the disorders in female reproductive organs. Obstetricians and Gynecologists also conduct operations like caesarian, laparoscopies and hysteroscopies. These specialists also deal with ovarian cancer and other illnesses related to reproductive systems.
- Neurosurgery: Neurosurgery is the surgical discipline focused on treating the central and peripheral nervous system. Neurosurgical conditions include primarily brain and spinal cord disorders. The medical doctors specialized in this field are called Neurosurgeons.
- Orthopedics: Orthopedic surgeons deal with illness of the skeletal structure. They diagnose and treat fractures and disorders of the skeletal frame. An orthopedic suggests therapies and exercise for patients which are conducted by Physiotherapists.
- Ophthalmologists: Ophthalmologists diagnose and conduct treatment for the diseased human eye. Ophthalmologists are trained to conduct surgeries of the eye, operations for the removal of cataract, treatment of glaucoma and other such diseases and infections of the eye.
- Psychiatry: A medical doctor who has specialized in Psychiatry is called Psychiatrist. A psychiatrist treats mental, emotional or behavioral disorders.
- After your Bachelors you will be in confident to say which amongst these are best for you and what are you interested in doing. So till then read about it , explore them in detail , get reference books and go through it , talk to experts in the related field which will help you in making the decision . Also can read about it on this link : http://www.youngbuzz.com/careers/career-options
Wishing you all the best!