What is career and education counseling?
Career counseling is the process of guiding and enabling students in their career development.
What is the need for career and education counseling?
Most students choose careers based on their marks obtained and not on what they are passionate about. And since most of ones adult life is spent at the workplace, it is becomes imperative to find jobs that one enjoys so as to grow into productive and emotionally strong individuals of society. Secondly, many educational institutes are churning out courses that are streamlined or specialised to cater to specific industries or trends. Hence students today are quite frankly spoilt for options when it comes to pursuing a career. And lastly considering the amount of money one spends in educating oneself it would be a waste if the ultimate career choice would be one with which, one is not satisfied. A career today, backed by cut-throat-competition, limitless career choices and changing industry trends have all contributed to making a choice of career a ‘daunting one’. Hence the need for career counseling has been felt now more that ever before.
At YoungBuzz we provide a system where children can realise their potential based on their Interest, Personality and Aptitude and then make an informed choice of their career. Secondly we help students to obtain information about careers, institutes and job trends in a single sitting thus saving time. And lastly we provide an individual with unbiased advice without the influence of parental expectations and peer pressure
How much has the demand for counseling grown over the last few years?
YoungBuzz was started in the year 2001 and what started out as a dream, we have conducted programs in over 100 cities in over 6 different languages covering more than 5,00,000 individuals. More than 300 Educational Institutes and over 30 corporate houses including fortune 500 companies use our services. On an average more than 8000 students a year benefit from our career counseling programs.
Who comes for career and education counseling?
We not only counsel the students but encourage parents to join in the counselling sessions as well. We carry out follow up sessions till we find the client is satisfied with our services. Our counselors keep in touch with clients via email or phone with required information.
What is the counseling process that you follow?
At YoungBuzz we believe one should choose a career based on their Aptitude, Interest and Personality to thrive in a career and not merely survive. A student usually goes through 3 tests to arrive at a career based on their interest, personality and aptitude. These tests are usually for 3 hours and are not based on any syllabus or curriculum. There is no prior preparation required for these tests and an individual should be in a relaxed, focused and honest while answering them. The tests are not general tests but very detailed oriented. Eg the aptitude tests score a student on their mechanical reasoning, spatial relations, verbal reasoning, numerical ability, language usage, word knowledge, perceptual speed and accuracy and manual speed and dexterity.
During the counselling, we not only provide various options a child can take up based on their A-I-P, but also various back-up options. We provide a list of colleges and websites for a chosen career. We also carry out follow up sessions till we find the client is satisfied. At Youngbuzz we also help students chalk out short/middle/long term goals and also help them plan their career. We also believe that academics alone cannot propel a student forward; hence we also conduct personality and public speaking workshops that help them build life skills such as confidence, communication, personal grooming etc which are all needed to be a successful individual today
Who can become a career or education counselor?
A good career counsellor should have Masters degree (Psychology/Counseling Psychology/Educational Psychology/Human Development or other related or a post graduate diploma in guidance and counseling)
How do you ensure the success of your clients?
All the below mentioned pointers together contribute towards the success of our clients.
• We provide regular training for our counsellors so that they are up-to-date on the various courses, colleges and guidelines so that our clients are given correct information that is linked to success.
• We offer integrated test results based on Interest, aptitude and personality of a child.
• Besides the A-I-P testing which is a detailed oriented testing, a counselor also looks into the extra curricular activities of the students as well as if they suffer from any kind of disability.
• Besides this, a counselor also helps the student understand ways they can improve their personality, which goes a long way in determining success. We also customize our personality workshops for various age groups and needs.
• We not only counsel the students but encourage parents to join in the counseling sessions as well.
• We carry out follow up sessions till we find the client is satisfied with our services. Our counselors keep in touch with clients via email or phone with required information.
• We have a strong database of information and our knowledge is backed up by constant research by our R & D department, thus providing students with the most up-to-date information possible
• And finally its our team that makes the difference - Highly trained and vastly experienced psychologists, career counselors, researchers, content designers and developers and an experienced team of administrative, marketing, communication and event management professionals.
Do you provide counseling services to schools?
We provide schools with services not only for their students but also for parents and teachers alike.
• For students, we conduct Career Guidance and Personality Development workshops. The Career Guidance Program is aimed at making students realize their potential based on their Interest, Personality and Aptitude and then make an informed choice of their career. The Personality Development workshops deal with Life skill management topics like, Team Work, Communication Skill, Public speaking, growing up issues etc. The topics chosen for the students per class is on the basis of the Human Developmental cycle needs of the child.
• Our teacher workshops are offered right from nursery to HSC and cover topics like creativity in teaching, time management, stress management, class room behavior, communicating effectively etc.
• The parental workshops are aimed at helping parents understand their child better and the various stages and individual differences involved amongst children. The workshops have also helped parents develop skills to handle the stress and strain attached with being a parent.
• We also conduct Screening and Diagnostic tests for children at risk for Dyslexia. These diagnostic evaluations help in knowing the child’s strength and weaknesses, which can be dealt with in the remedial programme.