Answer: You may get a job in:
• Consumer electronics companies like BPL and LG Electronics.
• Companies manufacturing electronic related products like LCD displays, cathode tubes, etc.
• Companies providing basic telephone and mobile telephone services like
BSNL, VSNL, MTNL, BPL Telecommunication Ltd. and Hutch.
• Industrial Electronics and telecommunication equipment manufacturing companies like HFCL, Hindustan Cables Ltd., and Enkay Telecommunication Ltd.
• Research & Development organizations like the DRDO (Defence Research and
Development Organisation) and National Physical Laboratory.
• Electronic product testing laboratories like the Regional Testing Laboratories under the Department of Electronics, Government of India.
• Telecommunication hardware and software producing companies like Hughes
Telecommunication, Cisco systems, and Mahindra British Telecommunication.
• Computer software producing companies like Infosys Ltd., TCS, and HCL.
• Telecommunication and Internet Service providers like VSNL, BSES, and Reliance Telecommunication Ltd.
• Defence services
• Government sector also has good openings for engineers. Other than the Public Sector Enterprises like BSNL, BHEL, SAIL, NTPC etc., UPSC conducts an exclusive exam every year, called Indian Engineering Service (IES), for recruitment of engineers specializing in various fields, in organizations like the Railways, Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Military Engineering Service etc. Civil Service is also quite a popular option. You can also work in the sales and marketing departments of Electronics companies. Teaching at academic institutions remains another option open to you.
We hope that the information has been useful to you. If you need more information, please feel free to write to us again anytime.