Answer: The UPSC examination for IPS is conducted in two successive stages
1) Preliminary Exam & 2) Main Exam
Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type of 450 Marks. Paper I is on general studies and Paper II on One optional subject
The Main Exam consists of a written exam and an interview. The written exam has 9 papers of conventional essay type. Marks obtained in the Main Exam will determine whether you are called for the interview. The interview carries 300 marks and the number of candidates called is about twice the number of vacancies.
Paper I is again One optional language. Paper II
English. Paper III is an Essay. Paper IV & V on General Studies and
Paper VI-IX any two optional subjects. Marks obtained in the Main Exam plus interview determines the final ranking.
For further information contact
* Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Dholpur House, New Delhi-110 011.
Tel: 3385271/ 3381125
Web site: http://www.upsc.gov.in
* State Institute of Administrative Careers
Hazarilal Somani Marg, Opp. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus,
Mumbai 400001, Tel: 2070942
Applications for the UPSC examination should be made in the prescribed format (the form is available from all leading post offices) and sent to: Under Secretary (CSP), Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, New Delhi-110 011.
MPSC conducts the following examinations.
* Agricultural Services Examination
* Assistant (Secretariat) & Sales Tax Inspection Examination
* Asisstant Inspector of Motor Vehicles Examination
* Clerical & Typist Examination
* Engineering Service Eaxmination
* Forest Services Examination (Assisstant Conservator of Forests)
* Police Sub-Inspectors (Unarmed) Examination
* Range Forest Oficers Examination
* Stenographers Examination
Details of the examination such as centers, examination fees, how to apply and exam date is published in most Marathi newspapers such as Navakal and Samna in the month of January.