I'm doing my BA through distant education. I would like to go to US, but will this informal degree help me in going to the States?
First of all, for post graduate studies in USA, you will need to have at least 16 years of education, which means you must have studied for 4 years after your higher secondary. Secondly, you must have full time education in college. Distant education courses will not be accepted by most of the universities. In any case, you can send a full transcript of your BA curriculum (after fulfilling 16 years of education) to a select few universities and ask for their opinion as to whether they would accept your BA course.