I am 22 years old and just cleared 10th. I am interested in Civil Enginnering. Please provide names of institutes in Bombay, their fees, course duration and job prospects after that?
You can pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering from the following colleges
* Government Polytechnic, 49, Kherwadi, Ali Yawar Jung Marg, Bandra (E), Mumbai
* Anjuman-I-Islam's M. H. Saboo Siddik Polytechnic, Byculla , Mumbai
* M. H. Saboo Siddik Polytechnic, 8, Saboo Siddik Poly.Road, Byculla,
* Government Polytechnic, Thane
* Vidya Vardhini's Bhausaheb Vartak Polytechnic, Thane
* S.H.Jondhale Polytechnic, Dombivli (W), Thane
* K. J. Somaiya Polytechnic, Vidyavihar, Mumbai
* Nagar Yuvak Shikshan Sanstha's Shreeram Polytechnic, New Mumbai
* V. J. Technical Institute, Matunga, Mumbai
* Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil Polytechnic, Sector 7, Phase -1, Nerul, Navi Mumbai
The Eligibility is S.S.C or Equivalent and the course ruration is 3 years.
Prospects: You can start private practice as a consultant or work with municipalities, government construction, regulatory agencies, transportation authorities, architects or urban planners. Others can seek employment in construction or manufacturing companies. You can also work for organisations like ONGC, Railways and various departments of state and central governments.
Employment opportunities exist in the government sector, including the railways, departments of irrigation, public works, roads, airports, harbours municipal corporations, telecommunications departments, etc.