Telemarketing Executive Career Information
What a Telemarketing Executive does
A Telemarketing Executive should also exhibit the ability to spot new business opportunities and to qualify those contacts, which are essential to increase the company’s ventures in market shares. It also helps if one possesses a previous experience especially, in outbound telephone sales work and a basic knowledge of IT.
Other Functions Include:
• Responsible for customer service turnaround within set time frames
• Well versed in voice sales closures / in-bound /out-bound calls
• Tele-prospecting /tele-marketing /tele-sales campaigns
• Minimize customer dissonance, optimize charge out & cost per transaction
• Monitor customer satisfaction levels & participate in developing improvement plans
• Maintain customer & vendor databases
• Implementation of new negotiated facilities services & programmes
• Ensure accurate documentation of customer profiles
• Handle written customer correspondence on behalf of operations
• Communicate with operations staff on client issues, policy changes etc
• Ensure high level productivity
• Provide highest level of comfort while dealing /transacting with prospects /customers
• Motivate co-team members; have passion to handle emotions of others especially overseas customers
Abilities & Traits Required
• 2yrs experience business-to-business telemarketing experience, preferably targeting IT and Marketing executive level decision makers
• Good PC skills and an understanding of technology, an excellent communicator and hard working
• Lead generation experience in a business-to-business environment
• Interest in possibly becoming a Sales Executive in the future
• Must be customer focussed with sales experience
• Required to spend lots of time on the phone and must be good at picking up new information
• Good organisational skills and the ability to work on one’s own initiative are essential
• The telemarketing executive must also consider himself/herself to be a motivated and creative person, with the confidence to succeed and grow in their chosen career
• And last but not the least, the following abilities of reading, listening and communicating effectively in English (both verbally and in writing) and that of accessing and accurately imputing of information, are essentially fundamental to earn success, in this arena
The other additional but significant requisites in a telemarketing executive are:
• Reasonable keyboard skills
• Generic understanding of customer service
• Excellent listening & analytical skills
• Team player
• Telephone etiquette, accent reduction & modulation
Education - Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The desired candidate should be a Graduate in English or equivalent, with 6 to 12 months of experience and a good understanding of cross-culture.
Usually, the beginners in this field earn a figure of around Rs 15000 – 18000, on a monthly basis.
As they grow in experience and with time gets further promoted to the post of Telemarketing Lead, their salary increases to Rs 20000 – 25000.