The Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology, Pune was started by the Modern Education Society, Pune. The Society itself was founded by Late Prin. V. K. Joag, an eminent educationist and Late Sir Cusrow Wadia, an industrialist of repute. The Institute made an humble beginning in 1938 with setting up of Department of Applied Electricity. Since then the Institute has made rapid progress and today it is a full-fledged Polytechnic with multifarious activities under its umbrella.
The milestones are as under: 1938 Establishment, 1963 Silver Jubilee, 1988 Golden Jubilee, 1998 Diamond Jubilee, Thus, the Institute has completed 73 years of its yeomen services for the cause of Technical Education.