Dr BR Sur Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital and Research Centre
Dr.Bhagat Ram Sur, founder of Dr. B. R. Sur Homoeopathic Medical College, Hospital and Research Center was born on 20th August 1915. He started his career as a civil servant in Armed Forces Head quarters in 1940. He passed the 1st Examination in Homoeopathy held by Delhi Administration in the year 1965 with distinction. In his early practice he used to see long queues of patients after office hours free of cost which continued for nearly more than twenty years. He retired from his services in the year 1973. Seeing his devotion and success in his medical profession, one friend of Dr. B. R. Sur suggested him to build a homoeopathic hospital. To make his dream come true he needed funds for which he started charging small donations. With great efforts he was able to get the land allotted from the slum department DDA.
The institution was established in November 1985 and the hospital started functioning in the year 1986 with all its full-fledged diagnostic facilities like X-Ray, Ultrasound, ECG, Pathology Laboratory and operation theater facilities. It was formally inaugurated by Sh. Jagpravesh Chander as a full fledged 40 bedded hospital in 1987. On 21st September 1988 first academic session of the college was started. The institution gained popularity amongst masses for its education and patient care. It is culmination of the efforts of Mrs. Jaswant Sur who joined him with no less enthusiasm. Apart from donating her lifetime savings she devoted herself entirely to this noble cause. Dr. B. R. Sur is a self-made, hardworking and an honest man who had brought up such an institution to the service of mankind. He donated this institution to Govt. of Delhi free of cost in October 1988.