P.G.D.A.V College was started in a modest way on the 17th of August 1957 by the D.A.V College Managing Committee, one of the biggest educational trust in the world.
It started functioning in a small portion of D.A.V school on Chitragupta Road in Pharganj with a single digit number of teachers and double digit number of students. Progressing gradually in 1971, the college shifted to its own premises at a prime location between Lajpat Nagar and Ashram on the main Ring road..
Over a period, the college became coeducational and now has over two thousand students in the morning and one thousand students in our evening college. Our college is considered as one of the best institutions for all over development in South campus and Delhi university.