The School of Planning and Architecture had a humble starting in 1941 as a Department of Architecture of Delhi Polytechnic.
It was later affiliated to the University of Delhi (DU) and integrated with the School of Town and Country Planning to provide facilities for rural, urban and regional planning.
Today the School is a specialized Deemed University and is regarded as only one of its kind, which exclusively provides training at various levels, in different aspects of human habitat and environment.
The School has taken lead in introducing academic programmes in specialized fields both at Bachelor's and Master's levels.
The School has always been in the lead for extending education and research to new frontiers of knowledge.
Human habitat and environment being the basic concern ofthe School, the spectrum of academic programmes is being continuously extended by providing programmes in new fields and emerging areas for which facilities are not available, as yet, anywhere else in the country.