The Calcutta Anglo Gujarati School is a private high school in Kolkata, India. It has two buildings, one for the boys school and one for the girls school. It is on Pollock Street in the Burrabazar area, the busy commercial hub of the city.
The Calcutta Anglo Gujarati School School was founded in 1893 by the Gujarati-speaking business community of Kolkata, with an aim to provide education to their children in their mother tongue, Gujarati language.Amritlal Ojha was one of the founder, patron and trustee of the school.The school is patronized by the Gujarati-speaking community, irrespective of their religion. Hindu, Jain, Kutchi and Gujarati Muslims communities like Bohras, Memons and others, contributed to its foundation and development.
Gujarati remains the first language in the school where, till 1985-86, all subjects were taught in Gujarati. Now English is the medium of instruction. The school is affiliated to the WB Board and students had to appear for Madhyamik examinations for passing out.
The same trust which runs the school has now started The Calcutta Anglo Gujarati College, which is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology and offers courses in BBA and BCA.