Students who have Appeared for/Cleared Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or equivalent as per UGC Guidelines) are eligible to write AIEED Exam.
Students, 16 years and above are eligible for the International Undergraduate level course. Students applying for Undergraduate Interior Design program with a valid NATA score/ AIEEE rank/ NID Score are exempted from the AIEED exam and will be called for interview directly.
Class 10+1 Students can also write AIEED 2017. Qualifying students will be eligible for direct admission in the academic year 2018 after clearing the interview.
Exam Duration3 Hours
Results1st Jun 2017
STRUCTURE OF AIEED EXAM: For UG Students
1) TYPE OF PAPER: AIEED- GAT GENERAL APTITUDE TEST TESTING PARAMETERS: To assess design sensibilities, Logical Reasoning, design related awareness, awareness on global issues, & Concepts Comprehension NO OF Q’S: 90 Marks: 200 Time: 3 Hrs
2) TYPE OF PAPER: AIEED –CAT CREATIVE APTITUDE TEST TESTING PARAMETERS: To assess Articulation Skills both written & visual, Design Thinking, Lateral Thinking & creative problem solving, & awareness of Design Principles NO OF Q’S: 26 Marks: 200 Time: 3 Hrs
3) TYPE OF PAPER: INTERVIEW + PORTFOLIO TESTING PARAMETERS: Composure, Focus & clarity, General articulation skills, depth of thinking, range of work in portfolio. Marks: 100 Time: 30 Mins
*Total Marks for the exam 500
• General Ability Test (GAT) GAT is the first phase of AIEED & is compulsory for all applicants. 15th March - 10th June
• Creative Ability Test (CAT) – 15th June Only for UG Student. Can appear for either Online OR Centre Based Test
A. Centre Based: Any two consecutive Saturday's after GAT Exam B. Online Exam: Within 5 Days of online GAT Exam
• Interview & Portfolio For both UG & PG applicants