KEAM Medical • MBBS • BDS • BHMS • BAMS • BSMS
KEAM Agriculture • B.Sc. Hons. ( Agriculture ) • B.F.Sc. ( Fisheries ) • B.Sc. Hons. ( Forestry )
KEAM Veterinary • B.V.Sc. & AH
KEAM Engineering • B.Tech. [ including B.Tech. ( Agricultural Engg. ) / B.Tech. ( Dairy Sc. & Tech. ) Courses under the Kerala Agricultural University ]
KEAM Architecture • B.Arch.
Eligibility for KEAM Admission :
• I. Nativity : Applicant should be an Indian citizen. Persons of Indian Origin ( PIO ) / Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) Card Holders will be treated on par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission.
• Both Keralites and Non – Keralites are eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination.
• Applicants of Kerala origin will be categorized as ‘Keralites’. Others will be categorized as ‘Non – Keralites’. Non – Keralites are classified as ‘Non-Keralite Category – I’ and ‘Non – Keralite Category – II’.
• (A) Keralites : • A candidate of Kerala origin will be categorized as a Keralite. A candidate will be considered as a ‘Keralite’, for the limited purpose of eligibility for admission, if
• (a) he / she or his / her father / mother was born in Kerala Or • (b) he / she has been a resident of Kerala for a period of 5 years within a period of 12 years Or • (c) he / she has undergone his / her school studies from Standards VIII to XII in educational institution (s) in Kerala. The candidate should obtain relevant certificates in the application form as prescribed in the Prospectus to avail such benefit. • Candidates who are children of All India Service ( AIS ) officers allotted to Kerala cadre, claiming Keralite Status, should produce a certificate from the competent authority showing that the parent of the candidate is an AIS officer allotted to Kerala cadre.
• B) Non – Keralite Category – I : • ‘Non – Keralite Category – I’ candidates are those who have undergone the qualifying course in Kerala, and who are the sons / daughters of Employees of the Government of India, or, employees who are serving in connection with the affairs of the Government of Kerala, subject to the condition that, all categories of the employees mentioned above should have served in Kerala for a minimum period of 2 years, or, have served in connection with the affairs of the Government of Kerala for a minimum period of 2 years. Such candidates will be eligible for admission to all the seats, but they will not be considered for admission against reserved seats.
• (C) Non – Keralite Category – II : • Candidates who do not belong to the ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non – Keralite Category – I’ will be treated as ‘Non – Keralite Category – II’. They are eligible for admission only to the ‘State Merit’ seats in the Private Self – financing Engineering Colleges in the State and in the Management Quota seats in Self-financing Engineering institutions under Government control. Non – Keralite candidates will not be considered for admission against reserved seats.
Exam Duration2.5 Hours
Results1st May 2017
Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) Physics Syllabus:
UNIT 1: INTRODUCTION AND MEASUREMENT UNIT 2 : DESCRIPTION OF MOTION IN ONE DIMENSION UNIT 3 : DESCRIPTION OF MOTION IN TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS UNIT 4 : LAWS OF MOTION UNIT 5 : WORK, ENERGY AND POWER UNIT 6: MOTION OF SYSTEM OF PARTICLES AND RIGID BODY ROTATION. UNIT 7 : GRAVITATION UNIT 8 : MECHANICS OF SOLIDS AND FLUIDS. UNIT 9 : HEAT AND THERMODYNAMICS UNIT 10 OSCILLATIONS UNIT 11. WAVES UNIT 12: ELECTROSTATICS UNIT 13: CURRENT ELECTRICITY UNIT 14: MAGNETIC EFFECT OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM UNIT 15: ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENT UNIT 16: ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES UNIT 17: OPTICS UNIT 18: DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATIONS UNIT 19: ATOMIC NUCLEUS UNIT 20: SOLIDS AND SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES UNIT 21: PRINCIPLES OF COMMUNICATIONS
Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) Chemistry Syllabus:
UNIT 1: BASIC CONCEPTS AND ATOMIC STRUCTURE UNIT 2: BONDING AND MOLECULAR STRUCTURE UNIT 3: STATES OF MATTER UNIT 4: PERIODIC PROPERTIES OF ELEMENTS AND HYDROGEN UNIT 5: S-BLOCK ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF METALLURGY UNIT 6: P-BLOCK ELEMENTS UNIT 7: D-BLOCK AND F-BLOCK ELEMENTS UNIT 8: NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY UNIT 9: THERMODYNAMICS UNIT 10: CHEMICAL EQUILIBRIUM UNIT 11: SOLUTIONS UNIT 12: REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY UNIT 13: CHEMICAL KINETICS UNIT 14: SURFACE CHEMISTRY UNIT 15: COORDINATION COMPOUNDS AND ORGANOMETALLICS UNIT 16: BASIC PRINCIPLES, PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS UNIT 17: HYDROCARBONS UNIT 18: ORGANIC REACTION MECHANISM UNIT 19: STEREOCHEMISTRY UNIT 20: ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WITH FUNCTIONAL GROUPS CONTAINING HALOGENS UNIT 21: ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WITH FUNCTIONAL GROUPS CONTAINING OXYGEN UNIT 22: ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WITH FUNCTIONAL GROUPS CONTAINING NITROGEN UNIT 23: POLYMERS AND BIOMOLCULES UNIT 24: ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY AND CHEMISTRY IN EVERY DAY LIFE
Maths Syllabus Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM):
UNIT I: ALGEBRA (Sets, Relations and Functions/Complex Numbers/Quadratic Equations/Sequences and Series/Permutations, Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction/Matrices and Determinants/Linear Inequations/Mathematical Logic and Boolean Algebra) UNIT II : TRIGONOMETRY (Trigonometric functions and Inverse Trigonometric functions/Trigonometric functions of multiple and submultiples of numbers./Inverse Trigonometric functions/Problems on heights and distances.) UNIT III: GEOMETRY (Cartesian System of Rectangular Co ordinates/Lines and Family of lines/Circles and Family of circles/Vectors/Three Dimensional Geometry) UNIT IV: STATISTICS (Statistics and probability) UNIT V : CALCULUS (Functions, Limits and continuity/Differentiation/Application of Derivatives/Indefinite Integrals/Definite Integrals/Differential Equations)
Biology Syllabus Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) 1 :
UNIT 1: LIVING WORLD UNIT 2: DIVERSITY OF PLANT LIFE UNIT 3: CELL AND CELL DIVISION UNIT 4: PHYSIOLOGY OF PLANTS UNIT 5: REPRODUCTION, GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT UNIT 6: ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT UNIT 7: APPLICATIONS OF BIOLOGY UNIT 8 - ORIGIN AND EVOLUTION OF LIFE UNIT 9 - CLASSIFICATION OF ANIMALS UNIT 10 - ANIMAL MORPHOLOGY UNIT 11 - ANIMAL TISSUES UNIT 12 - GENETICS
Biology Syllabus Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) 2 :
UNIT 13 - APPLIED GENETICS UNIT 14 - PHYSIOLOGY OF ANIMALS UNIT 15 - REPRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT IN ANIMALS UNIT 16 -BIODIVERSITY AND CONSERVATION UNIT 17 - BIOLOGY IN HUMAN WELFARE