The applicant must be a citizen of India and should have passed the H.S. ( 10+2 ) or its equivalent examination. The general candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biological Sciences taken together ( 40% for SC / ST candidates ) and at least 30% marks in English ( for all categories ). In addition, candidates must secure at least pass marks in the subjects individually including vernacular ( or any other fifth subject ) as mentioned below :
WBJEE Eligibility for B.E / B.Tech. / B.Arch :
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
WBJEE Eligibility for M.B.B.S / B.D.S / B.V.Sc :
Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
WBJEE Eligibility for Pharmacy :
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biological Sciences, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination will be allowed to sit for JEM provisionally and their admission, if merit listed, will be subjected to satisfying the minimum requirements of eligibility as specified above.
WBJEE Age Restriction :
Applicant shall be between 17 years and 24 years of age on 31st December.
There is no upper age limit except for the Marine Engineering course for which the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31.07.
Residential Requirements for West Bengal JEE :
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Government Engineering / Technology Colleges, Govt. Medical and Dental Colleges as well as to Private Medical and Dental Colleges, must have been residing in the State of West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 ( ten ) years as on 31.12 or their parents must be permanent resident of West Bengal having their permanent home address in the State of West Bengal.
WBJEE Reservation :
Reservation for SC / ST / PC candidates are as per State Govt. Rules.
Exam Duration2 Hours
Results1st Jun 2017
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Mathematics Syllabus
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutation and combination
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Sets, Relations and Mappings
- Straight line
- Ellipse and Hyperbola
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Differential Equations
- Application of Calculus
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Physics Syllabus
- Mechanics & General Properties of Matter
- Units and dimensions
- Scalars and vectors
- Work, Power and Energy
- Rotational motion
- Hydrostatics and fluid mechanics
- Wave motion
- Thermal Physics
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic induction
- Modern Physics
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Chemistry Syllabus
- Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Solubility and Solubility Products
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Principles of qualitative analysis Detection of water soluble noninterfaring Acid and Basic Radicals by dry and wet tests from among :
- Acid Radicals : Cl-, S2-, SO4-, NO3, CO32-
- Basic Radicals : Cu2+, Al3+, Fe3+, Fe22+, Zn2+, Ca2+, Mg2+, Na+, NH42+
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Biological Science Syllabus
- Unit of Life : Definition of life, Cell as the basic unit of life. Cell theory, Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cell structure and differences.
- Ultrastructure and functions of cellular components
- Nucleic acids
- Chromosomes and Cell Division
- Nucleic acid as genetic material
- Brief idea of Polytene chromosomes
- Human evolution
- Taxonomy and Classification
- Concept of Biodiversity
- Population Biology
- Functions of life
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular system & Blood
- Cardiac cycle
- Cardiac output
- Blood pressure
- Nutrition and Digestive system