Hey, get clarity with these steps!
0% Clarity
Your Clarity Percentage is

    My Tests

I am in the final year of Electrical Engineering degree. But I dream of joining Indian Army. Is there any possibility for students like me? What is the eligibility? How is the selection done? How can I apply? Give me the details.

Adithya Bonde
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017
Conversations: 1

1 Comment

YoungBuzz Career Counsellor
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 22nd Mar 2017

You can join the Indian Army after your graduation through the Technical Graduate course entry scheme. Under this entry scheme, engineering graduates are recruited for Engineering Corps, Signal corps, Electrical & Mechanical corps, Armoured corps, Artillery, Infantry, and Intelligence corps.

You can also join the Indian Army under the Short Service Commission (Technical) scheme. Under this scheme, technical graduates are recruited for Engineering corps, Signal corps, and Electrical & Mechanical corps.

Age limit for these two types of entry is between 19 and 26 years. B. E/ B. Tech or equivalent degree holders in Civil/Mechanical/Telecommunication/Electronics/Electrical/ Computer Sc. & Engineering and M. Sc. in Computer Sc./MCA are eligible for the Technical Graduate Course entry scheme. For the Short Service Commission (Technical) entry, one needs to have a degree in Engineering or equivalent in Civil/ElectricaL/Mechanical/Telecommunication/Electronic/Electrical & Electronic/ Computer Sc. & Engineering. As you are going to have a degree in Electrical Engineering, you will be eligible for both the entry schemes.

Selection process: At first candidates short-listed on the basis of the application. The short listed candidates are required to undergo a SSB (Service Selection Board) interview including group test, psychological Test & interview. After qualifying that, candidates have to appear for a Medical test.

Notifications for these entry schemes are published in the month of May/June in Employment News and other leading newspaper. Apply after the publication of the notification as per the instructions given.