Hey, get clarity with these steps!
0% Clarity
Your Clarity Percentage is

    My Tests

I have a diploma in Industrial Electronics from Maharashtra Technical Board, with 59%. Can I get entry directly into the second year of any engineering degree course? Please guide me regarding my degree options. With this percentage, can I get admission into any part time degree course here, or an engineering degree in any other State?

Siddhant Bagarao
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017
Conversations: 1

1 Comment

YoungBuzz Career Counsellor
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017

One way of doing a degree is enrolling for Associate Membership of an institute, which offers engineering degree by an external examination system. These institutes, like Institute of Engineers and Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers conduct various examinations. After enrollment, you will have to study at home, and then appear for the examinations. On passing the examination, you will be offered an Associate Membership certificate, which is equivalent to a degree. For e.g., Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) is equivalent to a degree in engineering and Associate Membership of the Institution of Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering is equivalent to a degree in Electronics and Telecommunication.

Institution of Engineers offers membership in various branches in Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication is one of the branches. However, to be eligible for enrollment, you have to hold an engineering job.

For details, contact:

Institute of Engineers

15, Haji Ali Park,

Keshavarao Khadye Marg,

Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400 034.

Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Lokmanya Videsh Sanchar Bhawan,

Ground Floor, Kashinath Dharu Road,

Prabhadevi, Dadar, Mumbai - 400 028.

With your marks, it is definitely possible to get admission in any part-time engineering degree course or into the second year of a 4-year degree course in colleges in other states, under management quota seats. For admission into a part-time degree course, you will have to be engaged in an engineering job. Course expenses for management quota seats in other states is very high. Admission fees could be a few lakhs of rupees and tuition and other fees would be around Rs 70,000 p.a. However, expenses in Government run engineering colleges are much less.

Engineering colleges in other states:

HKBK College Of Engineering

No 6/1, Cantonment Railway Station Road,

Bangalore - 560051.

Tel: 5570130 /5570113

Email: [email protected]

URL: www.hkbk.com

Sant Longwal Institute Of Engineering And Technology

Longowal - 148106.

Punjab. (Government Institution)

St Peters Engineering College

Aradi, Chennai - 600054.

Tel: 8226110 /8226113/

MVJ College Of Engineering

125, Armstrong Road,

Shivajinagar, Bangalore - 560001.

Tel: 556740 /5543255

Siddaganga Institute Of Technology

Tumkur, Karnataka - 572103.

Tel: 282990 /282991 /282992 /282993.

In Mumbai:

Sardar Patel College Of Engineering

Munshi Nagar, Andheri (W),

Mumbai- 400058.

Tel: 6708370