Hey, get clarity with these steps!
0% Clarity
Your Clarity Percentage is

    My Tests

I have got only 65% in HSC Science. Please guide me regarding my degree options in Engineering. And with this percentage can I get admission into any degree course here, or Engineering degree in any other State?

Aditya Gupta
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017
Conversations: 1

1 Comment

YoungBuzz Career Counsellor
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017

One way of doing a degree is enrolling for Associate membership of an Institution, which offer engineering degree by external examination system. These institutions, like Institute of Engineers and Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers conduct various examinations. After enrollment, you will have to study at your home with or without the help of a coaching class, and then appear for the examinations. If you pass the examinations, you will be offered an Associate Membership certificate, which is equivalent to a degree. For example, Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) is equivalent to a degree in Engineering and Associate Membership of the Institution of Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering is equivalent to a degree in Electronics and Telecommunication. Institution of Engineers offers membership in various branches in Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication is one of the branches. However, to be eligible for enrollment, you have to be engaged in an Engineering job. For details, you can contact Institute of Engineers at 15, Hajj Ali Park, Keshavaarao Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400 034 and Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering at Lokmanya Videsh Sanchar Bhawan, Ground Floor, Kashinath Dharu Road, Prabha Devi, Dadar, Mumbai 400 028.

With your marks, it is definitely possible to get admission in part time degree Engineering courses or into the 2nd year of 4 years degree courses in colleges in other States under management quota seats. For getting admission into a part time degree course, you will have to be engaged in an engineering job. Course expenses for the Management quota seats in other States are very high. Admission fee could be a few lakhs of rupees and tuition and other fees would be around Rs. 70,000 per annum. However, expenses in Government run Engineering colleges are much less. Engineering colleges in other States: HKBK College Of Engineering, No 6/1, Cantonment Railway Station Road, Bangalore 560051, ; Sant Longwal Institute Of Engineering And Technology, Longowal 148106, Punjab (Government Institution); St Peters Engineering College, Aradi, Chennai 600054,; MVJ College Of Engineering , 125 , Armstrong Road , Shivajinagar , Bangalore 560001, Siddaganga Institute Of Technology , Tumkur 572103 , Karnataka; . In Mumbai, Sardar Patel College Of Engineering, Munshi Nagar, Andheri(w),Mumbai-400058. offers part-time degree courses in Engineering.