Hey, get clarity with these steps!
0% Clarity
Your Clarity Percentage is

    My Tests

I'm a student of Standard 12th, I cleared my examinations in October. I'm interested in going into sound and/or special effects. I want to know what is the minimum requirement for going into such fields, and which colleges in Mumbai and India allow you to study these subjects. I would also appreciate if you could give me some good information about the colleges in the US and Canada and regarding admission procedures and requirements. I'm very keen on learning these things and I would really appreciate if you could help me out.

Vrunda Sheth
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017
Conversations: 1

1 Comment

YoungBuzz Career Counsellor
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017

To get into sound and/ or special effects, you will first have to learn multimedia design/ film and video programming. There are few very good institutions offering these courses at under graduate level.

National Institute of Design, Paldi, Ahmedabad 380007

Course: Graduate program in Visual Communication Design (Film and Video)

Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati

Course: Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Design

Appejay Institute of Design, 54, Tuglakabad Institutional Area, M.B Road, Near Batra Hospital, New Delhi-110 062

Course: Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Design

You can also do a diploma in multimedia design after your HSC from any one of the following institutions:

Aptech Ltd

Elite Auto House, 54-A,

Sir Vasanji Road, Andheri (E),

Mumbai 400093.

Edit Institute

4th Floor, Flat no 13/14, D-Wing, Paranjpe Complex, Off Subhash Road, Opp Gufic Health care, Vile Parle (E), Mumbai- 4000 57.


Chinoy Mansion, 1st floor, Block No 2,Opp St. Stephens Church,

Warden Road, Mumbai 400 036

For courses in Canada, and US please log on to www.usnews.com and www.studyincanada.com