Hey, get clarity with these steps!
0% Clarity
Your Clarity Percentage is

    My Tests

Is there any scope in History? I am studying History but still do not know what are my options in this line? Please help me.

Siddesh Gawade
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 27th Mar 2017
Conversations: 2


Ravi Mahawar
created: 13th Mar 2018 Last Modified: 13th Mar 2018

If you are an aspirant of history and wish to become a lecturer or researcher, then you need t appear in UGC ENT Examination. It’s a national level eligibility test through which aspirants who have completed their post-graduation are selected for lectureship and for Junior Research Fellowship. To get the complete information about UGC NET History, you can follow this link - UGC NET History. Candidates who qualifies in UGC NET Exam can get following career opportunities – Researcher in many Indian research organisations of India. Civil Services Journalism Career in law, media etc.

YoungBuzz Career Counsellor
created: 22nd Mar 2017 Last Modified: 22nd Mar 2017

There are definite scopes in History if one is interested. Only thing you have to remember is History is a purely academic profession. So you do well only if you have a Master degree and better if you have a Ph.D. You can specialize in various interesting areas in Ph. D and pursue a good career. Some of the fields in which you can specialize are Archeology, Numismatics, Epigraphy, Archival Studies, Museology, Egyptology, Muslim Art & Architecture, Roman Empire, and American History. Depending on the specialization you will do, you may get a job in - Archeological Survey of India; Government funded research organizations like Council for Historical Research; nationally important libraries and documents centre like National Archives as an Assistant Archivist; Museums as Technical Assistants, Assistant Keeper, etc.; colleges and University department. In Archeological Survey of India, you can get a job as Epigraphic Assistant, Curator, Technical Assistant, Archeologist depending on your specialization. In research organizations, you can get a job as a technical Assistant, Research Associate, Research Fellow, Archivists, etc.