I am currently in my TYBCOM. I am not sure what to do after this. I want to get into a professional course and acquire skills, which will be very useful in my career development. What are my options?
You seem to be keen on entering the world of work equipped with a degree as well as the skills necessary to carve a niche for yourself as a successful professional. Taking into consideration the above factors, it is advisable to identify the areas which interest you, as well as your aspirations, potentials and personality in a scientific and objective manner. This will enable you to narrow down the various 'fields and options', 'courses and careers' you are most suitable for. Some options that you could consider after a commerce degree are:-
• ADVERTISING – You can work in Client Servicing/Account Management, Media Planning, and Creative (Copy writers, Visualisers).
• PUBLIC RELATIONS - As a PR executive you could specialize in: Corporate Communications, Marketing Communications, Corporate Identity, Investor Relations, Employee Relations, Event Management, Crisis Management, and Celebrity Management.
• TRAVEL AND TOURISM - You could work for travel agencies, airlines, tourism department, cargo companies and the like.
• MANAGEMENT -The specializations are Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Export, Rural management, etc.
• CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT - You have to complete the course conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
• FINANCIAL ANALYSTS - The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) conducts the Certified Financial Analyst Course.
• LAW - There are various specialized areas you can work in- Corporate Law, Criminal Law, Civil Law, Property Law, International Law, Information Technology Law.